Monday, February 21, 2011

Solution for "Eclipse is running in a JRE, but a JDK is required" problem

Hi,
When i installed Maven2 Plugin for eclipse i was getting the below error message when i startup my Eclipse IDE.
After that when I tried to perform Maven operations thrugh Eclipse I got some errors saying ".../tools.jar" is not there.

I did the below things to get rid of that problem.

open the eclipse.ini file and add the below argument.
-vm
C:/Siva/Java/jdk1.6.0_04/bin/javaw.exe

Note: The VM configuration should be in two lines and in between --lancher and -vmargs.
--launcher.XXMaxPermSize
256m
-vm
C:/Siva/Java/jdk1.6.0_04/bin/javaw.exe
-vmargs
-Dosgi.requiredJavaVersion=1.5
-Xms40m
-Xmx512m

3 comments:

  1. siva, you doing a great job here. I been a regular follower of your blogs. Keep blogging.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey siva! Very informative. I was googling around to solve a different problem, but then came across your blog and remembered I could use this solution in a different case. Thanks so much.

    ReplyDelete